Makes 1 x 20 cm square cake
- 250 gm butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup J. Friend and Co Vipers Bugloss Leatherwood Honey
- 4 free range eggs
- Zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Lemon and Honey drizzle
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp J. Friend and Co Honey
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 20cm square or round cake tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and honey until pale and thick
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Fold in the lemon juice and zest, then sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Lemon and Honey drizzle:
- Mix enough icing sugar into the lemon juice and honey to form a spreading consistency